Hotel Stureplan is operationally powerful integrating environmental concerns into their business and will follow or out do current laws. Our goal is to participate in a constant improvement of our environmental policy through the following.
- Purchases; We shall when purchasing goods and services choose the goods that has the least environmental effect.
- Transportation; We shall plan our purchases and business trips to reduce our environmental effect of transportations.
- Consumption; We shall actively work to reduce environmental effect from packaging, supplies, water and energy.
- Chemical Products; We shall minimize the number of chemical products and handle and store them under applicable laws and with minimal risk that the environment will be effected.
- Residual products; We shall minimize unsorted waste according to given conditions.
Hotel Stureplan is a member of the Green Key and our internal
goal is to reduce our usage of electricity with 10% during 2014.
The Green Key is an international reward that is runned by the international
organization Foundation for Environmental Education (FEE) and exists in several
Suppliers of accommodation, such as hotels, bed & breakfast etc., must fulfill the international criteria that covers different management areas and that leads to a lowered environmental impact such as;
- Environmental education sessions for all staff
- Low energy lightning being used
- That they use environmentally friendly cleaning and washing products
- That the guests are offered ecologically grown food
It is awarded for one year at a time. For more information please visit the The Green Key.
The Five Leaf System
Hotel Stureplan is a proud member of The Five Leaf System